Sandway Homes Limited is committed to respecting your right to privacy. We collect personal data in a variety of ways and for different purposes. In doing so, we aim to be transparent about what data we collect and be fully compliant with the law on data protection on how we use such data.
Collecting your data
Sandway Homes may process your personal data for a number of reasons, including:
• To present content from our website in the most effective way for your device;
• To promote and market properties, developments, products and scheme which may be of potential interest to you;
• In compliance of any legal obligations and regulatory requirements we have, including identity checks, investigating and detecting crime, fraud detection, working with law enforcement agencies and prosecuting offenders;
• For the safety and prevention of crimes and not for other monitoring purposes, we may use CCTV on various sites, primarily construction sites and offices, for the safety of and prevention of any crimes committed against our staff, customers, properties and equipment;
• To arrange and manage viewings and reservations, exchange and administer contracts and complete on purchases of a Sandway home;
• To carry out your instructions and receive payment relating to fixtures and fittings options and any optional extras selected by you;
• To facilitate the after sales service and facilitate the provision of warranties in relation to a property purchased from Sandway Homes;
• To notify the local authority and utility suppliers of your purchase and new property;
• To manage the business of Sandway Homes Limited and meet our internal reporting requirements;
• The use of data analytics and customer satisfaction surveys to inform and develop our product and service;
• To respond and deal with enquiries, complaints, defect rectification and any other communications dealing with legal disputes and warranty claims;
This includes information you have provided as a prospective purchaser and/or owner:
• Directly to us or our sales agent via our website, through telephone and by email and/or post and directly in person;
• During viewing or reservation of a property;
• When purchasing options and optional extras from us;
• During the sale of a Sandway Home.
Sharing your data
Sandway Homes will not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified within this policy or where there is a legal requirement.
Sandway Homes has trusted third parties who provide us with services and business functions and whom we will share personal information with. These third parties will protect your data by undertaking the appropriate confidentiality and security measures required by Sandway Homes, in line with this policy.
Sharing to third parties will include:
• Any party approved by you; for example, financial and legal advisors, mortgage brokers, your family;
• Service providers and advisors to our business: for example, sales agents, employers’ agents, legal advisors, building contractors, repair and maintenance contractors;
• Insurance providers, where relevant to the insurance of the property you purchase;
• The Land Registry, managing agents and management companies, where relevant to the completion of your property transaction;
• Guarantee providers in relation to the guarantee to your property; for example, the National House Builders Council;
• The Local Authority and utility providers in relation to council tax, gas, electric, water, broadband, etc.;
• Government agencies relating to schemes you may be participating in; for example, Help to Buy;
• The Government, government bodies and regulators; for example, HMRC, National House Building Council or the Information Commissioner’s Office;
• The Police, law enforcement and security services to assist with the investigation and prevention of crime and the protection of national security.
Keeping your data
Sandway Homes will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary. Unless legally required to do so, we will only hold this data for a period of two years unless you decide to opt out within this time.
Specific requirements for a longer retention period include, but are not limited to:
• Financial data – up to 6 years in line with the statute of limitations;
• Property purchases and related matters – up to 15 years;
• Health & Safety related matters– up to 40 years
Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw consent at any time.
While you are not obligated to provide us with your personal information, as a customer or potential customer, your personal data is required as part of the reservation process and to complete the contract for sale. This information will also be required should you wish to purchase a Sandway Home as we will not be able to offer our services or product without it.
Under certain circumstances, you have the right, by law, to:
• Access any personal information we hold about you and check we are lawfully processing it, via a ‘Data Subject Access Request’;
• Request a correction If you believe we may hold incomplete or inaccurate data about you, and we will endeavour to correct this as quickly as possible;
• Request an erasure f you would like your personal data to be removed or amend the use of. We will then delete this from our records, where it is not required to kept for legal purposes;
• Object to the processing of your personal information and/or opt out of any direct marketing from Sandway Homes. to be informed about any automated decision-making that we use;
• Request the restriction of processing your information if you wish to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing;
• Request the transfer of your personal information to another specified party.
Where we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we will verify your identity before acting upon the relevant request. We do this is to ensure that your data is kept protected and secure. Sandway Homes will respond to your request and inform you whether it is possible under current regulations and what extent we have processed your request.
Where there is a legal obligation to retain your personal information, we will inform you of these requirements, together with the duration we will be required to hold it.
Social Media and Marketing
We may use the information you have given us directly, to send out marketing messages about our future activities, in accordance with your preferred marketing preferences or via social media.
Please note you can unsubscribe from our marketing database by emailing us or using the Contact form on our website. After unsubscribing, Sandway Homes adverts may still appear to you on social media, however this will be due to information the social media companies may hold and websites you have visited and not as a result of information that has been provided by us. You can control the advertising you see on your social media channels directly through the relevant social media sites.
Further details, requests and complaints
If you have any additional questions, would like clarification around any of the points listed above or make a request around the processing of your personal data, please email
or write to:
Sandway Homes Limited,
30 Trinity Road,
If you have any concerns that your personal data is being processed for an inappropriate purpose or being held for too long by Sandway Homes or one of our trusted parties, please inform us and we will carefully consider this and respond to you.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with:
Information Commissioners Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745
Sandway Homes Limited, 29th October 2020.
Cookies are small text files which will help you get the best experience from our website. Cookies allow basic information to be stored such as previous visits to the site and recent search of the website and will remain stored on your device until they expire or you manually delete them.
We may also set cookies to provide adverts to Sandway Homes and our developments through third party websites for people who have previously visited our website.
The cookies on our website will not store any identifiable personal information, such as your name, email address, telephone number.
Sandway Homes Limited, 29th October 2020.